How to Find Electives:
- Review the master list of approved electives. Note: “Grad” denotes graduate courses, “LD” denotes lower division, and “UD” denotes upper division courses.
- Identify courses you’re interested in.
- Check the course schedule to see if the courses of interest are offered in the next quarter.
Lower Division (one required): Each of these classes introduces students to the use of digital tools and methodologies to examine complex cultural, social, and historical dynamics. Minors are strongly encouraged to take either INF STD 20 or 30. See the master list (linked above) for the full list of options.
Upper Division (minors must take DH 101 and 150, as well as three other upper-division electives): See the master list (linked above) for the full list of options.
Please fill out this form if you’d like to petition for an elective. Include all the information you can, including a syllabus, if available. Petitions will be reviewed at least once per quarter. Please email Kerry Allen if you have additional questions.
Questions? Contact our SAO, Kerry Allen at email@example.com
How to register for a DH 199 course:
- Identify a capstone course (see below for upcoming courses)
- Contact the professor who is offering the course to express your interest and ask if they have room. If not, repeat step 1. If they do:
- Fill out a course contract on My UCLA. Each online contract form is customized for a specific course number. Before filling out the form, the student should prepare a short description of the proposed course of study, nature of faculty supervision, and type of tangible evidence of work completed to be presented at the course conclusion. The form provides instructions for completion, printing, signatures, and further steps.
- Email the completed course contract to your 199 professor and our SAO, Kerry Allen, firstname.lastname@example.org.
That’s it! Your professor will confirm via email that they have approved your enrollment in their 199, and Kerry will finalize your registration.