- This event has passed.
Call for Graduate Student Applications: Fall 2019 TAship in DH 101
Call for Applications:
The Digital Humanities Program is looking for 2 50% TAs for the DH 101 class in Fall 2019. These individuals will work closely with the course instructor, Dr. Sanders Garcia, and will be responsible for teaching specific digital tools and methods throughout the quarter, assisting students with technical questions, and grading assignments for the students in their sections.
To see a previous iteration of this class, check out https://asandersgarcia.humspace.ucla.edu/courses/dh101f18/.
Desired Knowledge and Skills:
- Data cleaning and visualization
- Basic web design with WordPress and/or Weebly and/or Wix
- Other desirable skills include network visualization, mapping, and/or text analysis
Class Times & Hours:
- Tuesday & Thursday mornings and 2 Friday morning lab sections
- Please also plan to be available to students for office hours 1-2 hours each week and for meetings with the course instructor ~30-60min each week.
Please send CVs and email messages of interest to Professor Garcia at firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, April 12. Interviews with the top candidates will be scheduled the week of April 15th and final decisions will be announced the week of April 22.