How to find electives:
- Review the master list of approved electives. Note: “Grad” denotes graduate courses, “LD” denotes lower division, and “UD” denotes upper division courses.
- Identify courses you’re interested in.
- Check the course schedule to see if the courses of interest are offered in the next quarter.
Please fill out this form if you’d like to petition for an elective. Include all the information you can, including a syllabus, if available. Petitions will be reviewed at least once a quarter. Please email Kerry Allen if you have additional questions.
How to register for a capstone:
- Identify a capstone course (see below for upcoming courses).
- Contact the professor who is offering the course to express your interest and ask if they have room. If not, repeat step 1. If they do:
- Contact our SAO, Kerry Allen, at email@example.com to create a DH 299 registration link for you.
- Enroll through MyUCLA!
Please note that even though some these courses may be offered as undergraduate classes, graduate students are encouraged and welcome to register for them. We have also updated the course codes for a number of our frequently offered classes. Any of the following classes, except DH 101, may be taken to fulfill the DH 250 requirement, and any non-DH classes advertised here will fulfill elective requirements.
- Willeke Wendrich: Nubia in 4D